Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Christmas Vacation Revisited


Its official - I am married to Clark Griswold. I have over the years given into the exorbitant electric bills associated with our outdoor lighting during the month of December, however this year, we have actually breaker switches flipping off regularly each night. I finally had to convince him that we really don't have to put out ALL of our decorations every year. On my list of things to do is "call an electrician"...

The clincher to my husband's alter ego occurred last Saturday, when he eagerly proclaimed we were setting out to cut our own Christmas tree. We bundled up and loaded up and headed up the canyon with his iPod loaded with a Christmas playlist. We stopped one place, hiked for a half mile or so in knee-deep snow and then he determined "we were in the wrong place". We reluctantly loaded into the truck and went further up the canyon. We again hiked for what seemed like miles - the girls and I struggling to keep up with the lumberjacks. Every once in a while I'd hear "Come check out this one!" I'd come around the corner expecting to hear the Hallelujah chorus and see a shining beacon of light on the perfect tree.



We did eventually come home with a beautiful tree that fits into our living room (barely) and lots of memories. And truth be told, I've always had a little thing for Chevy Chase anyhow.

1 comment:

Stewarts said...

At least it feels like winter, looks like Christmas and you ALL have the Chistmas spirit!

-Also, I'm loving your new background.