Not the boy...the car. Yes, our latest addition (big, green and loud, hence the nickname). Many learning experiences have occurred as part of this recent step we have taken into parenthood:
1. Car shopping stinks! Yes, I know everyone else in the world knows this fact, however I have actually enjoyed it most every other time (I even testified of this once for a dealer's commercial). This time was different because we had specific requirements for age, condition and price (old, dented and cheap). And there was not a lot of room for bartering -- which makes for no fun at all! I hated only getting $200 off the asking price.
2. Adding our son to our insurance on our current vehicles was actually MORE expensive than purchasing and assigning him to his own OLDER vehicle with liability insurance only. It makes sense to us -- we don't want him driving our vehicles either, but we were surprised that the insurance company saw it that way. It certainly took away all of my ammunition for NOT getting another car!
3. Finally, should you have a teen that you would like motivated, GET THEM A CAR! I have gotten more work out of my son in the last few days, than in the last month. I don't even have to ask! I pray it continues....
Actually, pray for us -- our son is driving....YIKES!





2 comments:
Now I see why you thought I already knew! Love the name! Congratulations Nephew! Please check all mirrors before putting it in reverse. ;)He he.
Lauren asked me today if Chase was a grown-up and I told her No, he was a teenager. I said, "But he does have his own car." She replied, "Mom, that's not even possible!"
I've only known him since he was seven, but I'd have to say that I agree.
It goes too fast, doesn't it?
Post a Comment